< Home | Adding a Project to the Mongoid Org
Moving a Project to the Mongoid Org
We encourage you to move projects into the Mongoid org to reduce bus factor. This enables continuity when you decide that you no longer want to be involved in your project.
- Open an issue with some information about the project.
- We will grant you mongoid org permissions.
- Transfer the project into the mongoid organization. You will continue being the project’s maintainer, but you can now grant other people owner permissions so that they can add other maintainers.
- Grant gem co-ownership to maintainers of this org via
gem owner --add firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fork the project off the mongoid org, make a pull request updating links. Feel free to merge it yourself and conduct business as usual.
- Consider adding danger.systems for PR linting.
Thank you, we love you!